RE: Restricting procedure calls to a package

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <asahoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:00:14 -0400

John,

I agree with Jared.  Write some wrapper procedures that calls the
procedures within the package as separate units and grant these procs to
the users.

For example:

If the original package has three procs in it (one for insert, update
and delete), write three additional procedures that call each of the
other procs directly.  Grant these procs to the users.

Good Luck!

Tom