RE: Resize datafile not releasing space at OS level

  • From: "Harvinder Singh" <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:27:32 -0500

Thanks for the reply.

We are not using the recyle option and parameter recyclebin is off. No
error during file shrink. It was created a Bigfile/LMT

select file_name,bytes from dba_data_files where tablespace_name='HS';
/data233/oradata/hs1.dbf 32212254720

-bash-3.00$ ls -lrt hs1*
-rw-r-----  1 oracle oinstall 109521674240 Mar  9 15:49 hs1.dbf

Thanks