Re: Resetting execution plan

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:14:50 -0600

Wolfgang, you once mentioned that Graham Wood was waging a war against the
developers on this very topic. Any updates on that internal conflict? =)
From the abundance of "automatic" features that keep popping up including in
11g, it sounds like it is not going well for him.

On 11/30/06, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 At 08:36 AM 11/30/2006, Laimutis Nedzinskas wrote:

Ahhhr.
It sucks so much this empiric time-variant CBO thing. Out of always bad
and sometimes bad I prefer always bad.

Ask any electronics engineer what problem he prefers: the constant one or
no-no-but-yes-and-no-and-yes-and-no. I hope Oracle will realize it one day.

Don't count on it. In my view it is only going to get worse in Oracle 11
when they activate the object cache hit statistics (it's already in 10 but
disabled by default) and other dynamic CBO features.

 Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com