RE: Resetting execution plan

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:05:16 -0700

At 08:36 AM 11/30/2006, Laimutis Nedzinskas wrote:
Ahhhr.
It sucks so much this empiric time-variant CBO thing. Out of always bad and sometimes bad I prefer always bad.

Ask any electronics engineer what problem he prefers: the constant one or no-no-but-yes-and-no-and-yes-and-no. I hope Oracle will realize it one day.

Don't count on it. In my view it is only going to get worse in Oracle 11 when they activate the object cache hit statistics (it's already in 10 but disabled by default) and other dynamic CBO features.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com