RE: Reserve some connections for SYS

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: <dba.tyagisumit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:37:58 +0800

No, you cannot reserve process table entries for SYS.

You’d have to have a pre-connected session as SYS in a terminal.  You could
protect that terminal by having it running in VNC behind a password.

Hemant K Chitale

From: "sumit Tyagi" <dba.tyagisumit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jul 16, 2014 1:51 PM
Subject: Reserve some connections for SYS
To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Can we some connections only for sys. Like below example:
Max limit processes = 500
For all other users use processes upto limit say 498 and give rest 2 for sysdba
.

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the
sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of
Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at
https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.