Re: Researching latch efficiency

  • From: Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:45:23 +0200

People,

Symptoms vs problems. Latch waits are always symptoms of the real problem.
So this particular latch is a symptom because the shadows sending many
messages to the background processes. Normally this would be LGWR and/or the
DBWR. Dumping the messages (oradebug dump messages and x$message have the
answers). Hmmm didn't I do a presentation on this 3-4 years ago during IOUG
:)

Anjo.