Researching latch efficiency

  • From: "Wittry, Dan" <dwittry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:50:00 -0500

Hi everyone -

Forgive me if this has been asked before...  how / where can I research
what the various wait events mean? I'm seeing an event called "messages"
and that is such a common word it is challenging for search engines to
identify when I search "oracle wait event messages".

__thanks

p.s.  using Ora10.2.0.4 on HPUX Itanium

Daniel Wittry

Sr. Database Administrator, Global SCI

HAVI Global Solutions (http://www.HaviGS.com)

This e-mail and any accompanying documents or files contain information that is
the
property of HAVI Global Solutions, that is intended solely for those to whom
this e-mail is addressed
(i.e., those identified in the "To" and "Cc" boxes), and that is confidential,
proprietary,
and/or privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any viewing, use, disclosure, forwarding, copying, or
distribution of any of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal sanctions.
If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of any
unintended
recipients, and delete the e-mail, all attachments, and all copies of both from
your system.

While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachments to
this e-mail
have been swept for viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage
sustained as a
result of software viruses.