RE: Requirement to run as user SYS

  • From: "Nick Tilbury @ Northampton" <ntilbury@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Les.Hollis@xxxxxx'" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>, barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:07:16 -0000

I just don't understand the logic of this decision. No applications host
their objects in the Sys schema.
Therefore, it is normally the login for the application owner schema(s) that
are infinitely more
important (to the business) than SYS.
If the DBA REALLY wanted to damage an *application* I'm confident it could
be done without SYS access.
Ergo - if the DBA can't be trusted, he shouldn't have the job in the first
place !