RE: Reporting and Data Analysis Tools

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:30:51 -0400

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania just plunged and bought a BO enterprise
license for $9 million since we already use SAP for a lot of things.   It was a
huge shock to everybody.  I don't think anybody in the state was thinking about
it until the announcement was made. It makes it kind of hard for us to use
anything else when the tools we want have to compete with "free."  So now we
are in the process of trying to re-engineer everything toward a BO solution.

Donald Freeman
Database Administrator II
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Department of Health