Replication - Snapshot or streams

  • From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:01:16 -0400

Hi,

I need to comeup with a replication solution. Here is the situation.

There will be multiple master database with same database structure.
We want to replicate from these sites to a single central backupsite.
It will be many to 1 replication. Data older than 90 days will be
deleted/archived. However at the backup site we want the data to be
kept i.e we dont want to replicate this bulk delete/purge operation.

We are considering simple replication and streams. Replication seems
to be easy to implement. Streams more robust but more complex to
maintain.

How can we avoid replicating bulk delete while replicating other dmls?

Any points far or against using snapshot or streams?

Thanks

Sandeep