RE: Replication Advice Needed

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:11:29 -0400

Charlotte,

Very quickly...

I would use Multi Master Advanced Replication for this.
Multi Master Replication is perfect for "small-ish / low-volume tables"
with little dependencies where data changes happen infrequently and
on one database MOST/ALL of the time

I would stay far away from "synchronous" Replication...just run
the "push" and "purge" jobs say every five minutes...unless you
really need real time changes at both ends.

Having sad all of this I have no real experience with Streams and
maybe some here will say that it is just as well.

If you go with Multi Master Replication I can send you some personal notes.

Be forewarned that Multi Master Advanced Replication is not with administration
head aches as is *ANY* transaction based data synchronization option/tool.

hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA