Re: Replication Advice Needed

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:04:07 -0400

Charlotte,

Are the remote tables subject to DML? If not, you might want to consider
materialized views, either with refresh on commit or frequent scheduled
refreshes.

I don't much experience with Streams, although it does seem to be the future
of Oracle replication. I do have experience with multimaster replication,
which would work nicely, but might be more than you need.

--
Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxx