Replication Advice Needed

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We need to keep 5 (small-ish / low-volume) tables on a
remote database in sync with those in the local
database.  We want synchronous updates of the remote
tables when the network allows but we also want to
apply queued transactions after recovery from a
network failure such that no transactions are ever
lost (assuming the local database to be "unbreakable"
:-)

I'm thinking of advanced replication or streams but
unfortunately I don't have any experience in either.
I know this is going to require lots of reading and
experimenting but I was hoping to short-circuit this
by at least focusing on the right technology to start
with!:  what sounds like the best fit - AR or streams?
 (This is on 10g)

Thank you all in advance for any help

Charlotte

http://mail.yahoo.com