Replicating Live Oracle DataFiles/LUNs to remote site via SAN tool?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Oracle L' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:42:54 -0500

Any of you guys/gals replicating LIVE datafiles from one SAN to another in a
remote location?

We're looking at using HP's CA tool to replicate LIVE datafiles across a WAN to
another SAN.  The replication is block based, so any block that changes on the
primary LUN is immediately replicated to the remote LUN at the remote site.

Is anyone doing anything similar to this?  Pros? Cons?  I have a hard time
imagining that this is a good idea but perhaps it is doable.

Thoughts?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.