Replicating E-Business Suite for Reporting

  • From: "Allan Nelson" <anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:24:09 -0500

Hello All,

I am working on a project to create a reporting environment from an Oracle
E-Business suite database that will be at 10.1.0.5 by the time the reporting
project takes off.  The source database is on HP-UX 11.11 and is about 750GB
in size.  In the generic sense of requirements this is what I would like to
do:

   1. The target will be a copy of the source without applying data
   warehouse techniques.  I will be able to add a few indexes or views.
   2. I would like to use RAC on Redhat Linux as the target platform both
   for availability reasons and lease termination reasons .
   3. If at all possible I would like to use 10gR2 for the target
   database
   4. I cannot upgrade the source to 10gR2.

I was thinking about using a logical standby and still am, but I would have
to do that all on HP.  According to the DataGuard docs the platforms have to
be the same with regard to OS flavor but not with respect to hardware.

I'm not adverse to Streams or a third party solution and I would like some
pointers on where to start researching.  I'm reading up on Streams now.

I know this is vague but it is what I have at present.

Thanks in Advance
Allan Nelson