Re: Replacement for aged SunFire v490 servers

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marko.sutic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:47:24 -0700

(I'm assuming these are each 4 processor UltraSPARC IV+ system at the
fastest clock speed for that chip.)
You probably could run it all (all 4 systems) on a 2 processor, 12
core Intel 5600 Westmere-EP system with ease and you probably could
get by w/o an external FC array - just us internal SAS2 drives.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn