Re: Rename BCT during RMAN Duplicate

  • From: Ramnivas Chaurasia <ramnivaschaurasia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ram Cheruvattath <ram.cheruvattath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:56:06 +0530

I will try putting this parameter in RMAN script instead of init.ora next
time I get the request and will update.

Meanwhile, I tried checking for the patches related to Bug 11744544
<https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/BugDisplay?parent=DOCUMENT&sourceId=1098638.1&id=11744544>.
But it says the requested bug could not be displayed.
Then I tried the workaround mentioned in Bug 10185641
<https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/BugDisplay?parent=DOCUMENT&sourceId=1098638.1&id=10185641>
(same
as suggested by Ram) on my test DB which is running on Windows with DB
version 11.2.0.1. It didn't give error but strangely it didn't copy the BCT
file either. It also didn't enable the BCT on auxiliary.
So, I will wait for the next request and will try on those DBs running on
11.2.0.3/4 on Solaris.

Thanks,
Ramniwas

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Ram Cheruvattath <
ram.cheruvattath@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried using set db_file_name_convert inside your rman script?
There are some known bugs related to this.

Ram