RE: Removing downloaded Oracle software

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:58:54 -0400

not burned but had root for a long time, always to be paranoid when doing
this at the # sign :)

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
05/15/2009 10:54 AM
RE: Removing downloaded Oracle software
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or if you’ve been burned by deleting waaaaaaayyyyyy to much.

Being paranoid is a good thing.

/bin/rm -fr directory or if you're paranoid like me,

cd DIRECTORY
rm -fr *

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
05/15/2009 10:36 AM
Subject:
Removing downloaded Oracle software
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am nervous about doing this since it is Linux versus other OS.  What is
the correct command to use to remove a directory and all of the files that
fall under that directory without receiving questions back about whether
or not want to remove various files within the that directory?   In other
words, using the example below, I want to remove the
"directory_to_be_removed" including any files that are in it without
having to respond yes repeatedly?   The directory being removed is
actually downloaded Oracle software from CD (but not the location where
the install of the software itself is actually located at).

/u04/db_files/directory_to_be_removed

Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.