Removing OLAP/ODM/XDB/UltraSearch

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:03:04 -0500

Running Oracle 10.2.0.2.  This database was created via DBCA on Oracle
9.2.0.1, via DBCA and some things were enabled that we don't have
plans to use, namely OLAP, ODM, and XDB.

Is there anything more to removing these features than dropping the
users OLAPSYS, ODM, ODM_MTR and XDB and the tablespaces CWMLITE, ODM,
and XDB?

Now that I look, can WKSYS and WKPROXY be given the same treatment?
We don't use "UltraSearch" as far as I know ...

Or can I at least lock these user accounts?

--
Don Seiler
oracle blog: http://ora.seiler.us