Re: Remote DBA firms

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx, niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:40:01 -0700 (PDT)

DataVail is here in the Denver, CO area.  They do have DBA's outside of the
country, but I believe most remote DBA environments are going to take advantage
of this scenario- no matter where their base of operations are.  When I have
worked with different remote DBA services, it's comforting to know that if I am
working with DBA's that are outside of the US, no matter if it's UK,
India, Thailand or elsewhere while I am sleeping, that they are wide-awake,
at technical full-strength while they work on an issue for the databases that I
had a considerable interest in when returning to the office the next morning.

In my experience- I really don't think it matters where the DBA resides, it's
what the DBA is made of that matters...

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."