Re: Remote DBA

  • From: John Scoles <scoles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:24:13 -0400

 On 9/26/2010 9:25 PM, Matthew Zito wrote:

As far as who works really well in those remote situations, I think it's two kinds of people (my mental nicknames for them):
- "ticket closers"
- "lone rangers"

I would have to second Matthews comment above. I work with over 50 remote dbas every day and it is the ones that are 'ticket closers' are the ones that survive in the long run on the floor and provide the most bang for the buck to the customer. We have a number of 'Lone rangers' as well and they do find a niche in the company usually as 'fixers' it they are really really good otherwise they eventually move on.