Re: Remote DBA

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:52:00 -0500

And many of them are specifically graded on tickets closed. You have a X% closure rate so you get a good performance evaluation and may get a raise if the economy and CFO are so inclined.

Or <whiny Lumbergh tone> you have a Y% closure rate and that's not where we want you to be, so you'll have to move to the basement...</whiny Lumbergh tone>.

These kind of performance metrics have a detrimental impact on the true run it to the ground trouble shooting we would like to aspire to.

On 09/27/2010 03:10 PM, Jared Still wrote:
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I also like Matt's glass half full definition of "ticket closer". ...

Playing Devil's advocate here: In defense of ticket closers I would have
to say that they have likely been trained to do that.

Management likes it, and employees are rewarded for doing so.

What matters most is that there are no Red or Yellow bars on the
open tickets chart.

Jared Still