Re: Relocating LOB segment

  • From: "Yong Huang" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "yong321@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 15:26:46 +0000 (UTC)

> If you are on 11.2 and use SecureFiles then you can export with parallel
It actually started at 11.1.
Now I have a question. Can anybody think of anything bad about setting
db_securefile to always in Oracle 11g so all LOBs are created as SecureFile
instead of BasicFile? We're recommended to use SecureFile LOB (see Doc
1467662.1 and many others), and it's the default in 12c. Other than the
restriction that SecureFile LOB can't be created in a non-ASSM i.e. MSSM
tablespace, I see only benefit, no disadvantage. Without the advanced security
or compression license, users have to be careful not to accidentally add
certain clauses to trigger usage of these licenses. But that's a minor concern.
Yong Huang