Re: Reinstalling software on Exadata

  • From: Andy Colvin <acolvin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve.harville@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:37:44 +0100

Steve,
We'd need a little more information about what went wrong.  Was it a filesystem
issue on /u01 of one compute node?  If so (and you don't have backups), you
could remove the node from the surviving cluster, and add it back in via the
standard addNode.sh scripts.  It's (more or less) documented in MOS note
#1084360.1 - this includes extra information, such as if you had lost the
compute node entirely and needed to reinstall the OS.  If it was a storage
server, there is a method to reimage the cell.  All of that said, I would not
go through the procedure myself without engaging someone that has done it
before (or Oracle support).

Andy Colvin

Principal Consultant
Enkitec