Re: Reinstall OS completely without reinstalling Oracle

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:20:02 +0200

 body p { margin-bottom: 0cm; margin-top: 0pt; }
I am talking about scripts that are in etc/whatever.

If a new install will remove those scripts, relink will not help you.
Yechiel Adar Israel
On 26/10/2011 16:17, Pavel wrote: Hi I think, relink help you. Regards,
Pavel. 2011/10/26 Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>[1] I think you will
need to reinstall oracle, as oracle put files in system folders. In your
case, I would have gone with upgrade. Yechiel Adar Israel On 22/10/2011
21:23, Walker, Jed S wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to reinstall
the OS from scratch without touching /var/oracle so we don't have to
reinstall Oracle? I'm thinking /etc/oratab can be save/restored or
recreated,but I think the big problem would be that init scripts and so
forthwould be removed by the fresh install. --
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l[2] --
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l[3]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx