RE: Refreshing a multi TB database

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:44:55 -0700

I'm sure there are valid requirements for real-time data in
pre-production environments somewhere in the universe, but in the real
world I've experienced over the last 8 years, monthly/quarterly
refreshes have been just fine for development and testing.  If they have
a valid reason, then let them present it.  If you can't shoot holes in
it, then grant their wish, but if they don't have a truly valid reason,
then tell them to stop wasting your time.  I know it's feasible, but not
necessarily practical, or the best use of a DBA's time.

Regards,
Brandon