Re: Redo Activity

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Abdul.Ebadi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:09:11 +0100

Did I miss something?
You don't need to guess any thing.
To my mind the answer is straightforward one:

SELECT s.VALUE
FROM   v$sesstat s
     ,v$statname n
WHERE  s.statistic# = n.statistic#
AND    n.NAME LIKE 'redo size'
AND    s.SID = <SID NUMBER>;

For purpose of finding REDO for a SQL*Loader session you can create a
LOGOFF trigger and run something like the SQL below within this
trigger:

INSERT INTO REGO_GENERATION_LOG ….
SELECT … st.VALUE
FROM   v$sesstat st
     ,v$statname n
     ,v$session ss
WHERE  st.statistic# = n.statistic#
AND    n.NAME LIKE 'redo size'
AND    st.SID = ss.SID
AND    ss.audsid = SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'SESSIONID');

Just my 0.02£,
Yury

On 5/19/06, Ebadi, Abdul <Abdul.Ebadi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any way to figure out the amount of redo generated per INSERT
(or any statement)?  We are currently loading a table (via conventional
sqlldr) and are interested to find out how much redo generation will be
gone if that table is dropped/moved to another DB?

Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Solaris 10.

Thanks,
Abdul

Yury