Re: Recovery problems when creating a new DB from backup copy

  • From: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:36:27 -0500

Yeah this was it. I had been running "recover database using backup
controlfile" which would eventually end withan ORA-00308 when it ran out of
logs, and afterwards the "alter database open resetlogs" would fail. It did
it again and so I just ran "recover database using backup controlfile until
cancel', then typed CANCEL at the first prompt and now the open resetlogs
is working.
I'm guessing if I ran the "recover database using backup controlfile until
cancel" from the start it would issue a clean cancel when it ran out of
logs and not give me this confusing problem.

I feel like there should be a DBA reaction gif for this somewhat annoying
technicality.

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us