Recovery of offline datafile

  • From: md najeeb <mdnajeeb_1634@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:01:41 +0530 (IST)

HI,
Iam Mohammed Najeeb working in saudia arabia for al-haif company I have oracle
10g installed and the issue i want to discuss is accidentally one of my
datafile belonging to
opera_data tablespace has made offline.and when i try to make it online, i
received error message that the file needs media recovery and i lost my archive
log files.and that
datafile is not much important for me.just i want to get out of error and want
to drop the datafile or recover the datfile.
         but the other datafiles are important and my database is open.so plz
suggest me what i should do to recover or to drop the datafile with no archives
available.

Thanks & Regards
Mohmmed Najeeb

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/