Re: Recovery machine

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 09:22:02 +0800

Licensing is by processors or named users.  Versions and number of databases
don't matter.
As long as you licence for the number of processors OR number of users (one
user using all three databases counts as ONE for licensing) you are covered.
Support (and access to patches), on the other hand, IS sensitive to the
version you run.
Having said that, check with your Oracle Sales consultant if you *really*
need to license the server where you will *only test restores* and not put
in production use.

Also note that if you are licenced by users, multiple databases *for the
same user* are automatically covered.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com

sent from my smartphone
On 9 Sep 2011 03:21, "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I asked earlier in the week what everyone was doing for testing
recoveries. So now we are going to build a separate playground area for
these to occur. So if I need oracle 9, 10 and 11 on this box, do I have to
pay for a separate license for each?
> ciao,
> Brian

information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.