Re: Recovery - files in OS directories?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:18:35 +1000

The other option is to install the software in the DR system,
using same directory and file system setup as the current one.
Then copy the contents of $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
from current to DR, as well as /etc/oratab and anything in $ORACLE_BASE.
Get a copy of the db files across, make sure the directories
inside the database spfile(s) in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs have the correct
setup and then do a start db to make sure it all works.
Then shutdown and delete all db data files and you should be set.
Make sure you refresh DR copy of any spfiles changed in current,
whenever it happens.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Pedro Espinoza wrote,on my timestamp of 30/08/2008 1:48 PM:
oraInst.loc, any rc scripts related to oracle.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Other than /etc/oratab, are there any other files that Oracle would
    have in the OS directories that may need to be backed up/restored
    for recovering from a disaster?   We are hoping to restore the
    software (which is all on a seperate mount point - /u01), relink,
    and then restore the databases using RMAN.   This will all be done
    on a new server that has the same OS but will have a new install of
    the OS since it is a new server.   That is why I am asking whether
    there are any specific files in the OS (AIX) directories that should
    also be backed up in order to get the entire system back up to speed
    in the fastest amount of time.