Re: Recovery Scenario

  • From: Manjula Krishnan <oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:04:16 -0500

No. I did not lose anything yet. This was to plan for the future.

I have backup scripts to hot backup the database to another server,
since this server does not have a tape drive. Tivoli picks up these
files after the hotbackup runs. It was working fine for the last
several months.

Last couple of weeks, just while copying one of the datafiles over it
is timing out. This is the error I get:

cp: /oracle/orabackup/lawprod/hot/lawindex.dbf: A remote host did not
respond within the timeout period.

This file is about 4G. I am on AIX 5.2 and Oracle 9.2.0.6. We also
have 1GB ethernet. So, I don't know why this is happening.

Thanks,

Manjula