Recovery Manager

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:32:26 -0400

Oracle: 11.2.0.3.0
RH 5
Oracle Data Guard with primary and logical standby on separate servers

Previously our configuration was a primary database and a physical standby on
separate servers.  Now we have converted the physical standby into a logical
standby.  I was using the physical standby for backups (RMAN)...can I use the
logical standby for backups?  Are there any considerations during
backup/recovery?  If there are any good white papers can someone provide the
document id - I was searching metalink but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance
Bill--