Recovery Catalog Question

  • From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:30:03 -0400

I've recently setup Grid Control in our test lab to manage approximately 100 databases. The agents are all working and all of my database instances are being monitored without any problems. I've created an RMAN catalog on my repository database and am going to use that as the catalog for all of my database instances. My question is: is there an easy way to create a shared RMAN script and schedule the backup of all my database instances using this script in one step (such as selecting all my databases at once) or do I need to schedule the backup of each database individually once I've registered them all with the catalog one at a time? Forgive me if this is a simple question, but I've been looking around the EM console and haven't been able to find if this is possible. Thanks.

Stuart