Re: Recover from hot backup taken when database is not in backup mode

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sandeep.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:21:43 +0530

are you sure you want it as a test environmetn for development work..or want
to use it for preparing standby, clone etc..

if its purely for development test environment then prepare a control file
and try incomplete recovery..
latter change dbid, name etc..
otherwise take fresh hot backup by putting database in backup mode etc..
thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY