RE: Recover database calls for backup pieces far earlier than the level 0 backup

  • From: "Dimensional DBA" <dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>, <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 20:13:37 -0700

There are a variety of reasons on old archive recovery point is selected, some
are bugs and some are human error.

1.       Is a table space or data file in backup mode?

2.       Was a tableapace or datafile added at the archive log recovery point
it is looking for?

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

425-891-7934 (cell)