RE: Recover a table from cold backup-noarchivelog

  • From: "GUPTA, DEEPENDER" <DGUPTA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:13:21 -0500

If we know the default tablespace of the table then can't we just restore
the associated datafiles, system datafile, temp datafile and control files
and then startup mount the database.
Then "offline drop" all other datafiles apart from the above mentioned files
and then open the database and take the export of the table.