RE: Reconfigure OCFS 1.0.14

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <peters@xxxxxxxxx>, "_oracle_L_list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:47:54 -0500

Steve,

First let me say that I have OCFS 1.0.13 (and OCFS 1.0.12) with 9205.

But I have been exactly in your position...it was a while back but let me try.

[ btw, I found OCFS GUI not very useful nor a *complete* utility to the command
line options...still Oracle Support pushed me to use it...I did not...I gave up
on it.]

>>I finally got the old nodes to go away but
>>I had to reformat the volume I used for ocfs.

Yes with no where to turn and no help, saddly I (incorrectly) did the same
thing.
In my case I think we changed (interconnect) IP's (after a fried mother board
with embed NIC) which is also a big "no, no" with OCFS...and we had problems
with duplicate "node numbers" (as seen in) "tuneocfs" output because we "regen"
new config file.
Our solution was to; explicitly reclaim the old node number by specifying "-o
reclaimid" in the mount command as follows:
      mount -t ocfs -o reclaimid /dev/sda1  /o01

However in your case you could have simply removed the old/unwanted entries
shown in tuneocfs output (for each disk/mount device);

---tuneocfs -l /dev/sdc1
tuneocfs -l /dev/sdX ==> lists all the nodes configured
tuneocfs -N <nodenum> /dev/sdX ==> clears the appropriate entry.  You can
delete the spurious entry using tuneocfs like so: "tuneocfs -N 1 /dev/sdc1"

[root@db01 root]# tuneocfs -l /dev/sdc1
 # Name                             IP Address      IP Port Node GUID
 = ================================ =============== =======
================================
 0 db01                             192.168.12.40   7000
621F2EEDBB65697D877F000F1F6EE4EE
 1 db02                             192.168.12.41   7000
A2790979698C1CBA42F7000F1F6EE56D

[root@db01 root]# tuneocfs -N db01 /dev/sdd1
Clearing node number 0 used by node db01
Proceed (y/N): y
Changes written to disk.

I found this to be helpful; "OCFS_Users_Guide.doc"
Also I made myself some personal notes I titled;
        OCFS & Network Interface Card - ocfs_uid_gen - tuneocfs.txt
        OCFS Commands.txt
I will send them to you off line.

hth

Chris Marquez