Re: Reconfigure OCFS 1.0.14

  • From: "Steve Perry" <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <peters@xxxxxxxxx>, "_oracle_L_list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:33:02 -0600

Hi Peter,

It was ocfs1.
I finally got the old nodes to go away but I had to reformat the volume I used for ocfs.
Once I did that, I could reconfigure it. I'm glad I didn't have anything on it and could afford to do that.
I opened a ticket with Oracle. Of course they responded after I resolved it, but they said that Oracle doesn't support renaming a host after it's been installed. I'm not sure why it would be so tightly integrated into the host so a rename would be such a big deal.
I'll check out the list also.

Thanks,
Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Sylvester" <peters@xxxxxxxxx>