Re: Reclaim Tablespace after drop with purge options

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 11:45:20 -0600

Another thought - was the disk provided from a SAN using some form of Thin Provisioning capability - 'assigned but not really there'? That has been known to throw off the usage as well as the assignment patterns recorded by Oracle.

/Hans

On 03/09/2014 11:05 AM, Bala Krishna wrote:
Hi All,

Our DB oracle 11gr2 with segment space mangement manual for all the tablespaces that we have for some other reasons so that i dont want to go deep in that.

But we have dropped some 1TB tables with purge option directly but the space is not reclaimed at all not sure why if i check the free space of tablespace it just freed only 3GB. Any ideas appreciated.

Regards
Bala