Re: Recently changed table

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jacintakean@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:55:28 +0000

On 01/30/2005 10:01:34 PM, Kean Jacinta wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I need to know , in oracle - Is there a way i can
> determine those recently changed table at a given time
> ?

If by "changed tables" you mean DML, auditing will to that for you. Command=
 goes like this:

SQL> audit all on scott.emp by access;

Audit succeeded.

SQL>

If the meaning of "changed tables" is "DDL was used against the table", you=
 have LAST_DDL column in DBA_OBJECTS.=20

If you want to see who changed what, with the original value, new value, ma=
chine, and the precise time,
as well as business meaning of the changes, you'll have to resort to databa=
se triggers.

>=20
> Or Is there any tools or command i can use to do that.
>=20
> Please guide

Kean, for guidance please look for Mr. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi or Mr. Ford Pr=
efect.
Either of them can provide adequate guidance. I suspect that Maharishi migh=
t be=20
easier to find. However, the most important rule is: "don't panic". That is=
 your=20
guidance for tonight.

> Thanx in advance

You are welcome.