Rebuilding pimary db?

  • From: Alex <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:44:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am testing standby failover techniques, and would like to make sure that I am
following the right steps while rebuilding the primary db. After the failover
is done, the ex-primary db can no longer be used, and so to re-create it, I
copy all datafiles, online and archived redo logs, create standby controlfiles,
and first create it as a standby db. Then I perform a switchover, fom the new
primary to the newly created standby db, revesring the roles, am I right?

Thanks!