Re: Rebuilding a database server

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Larry Hahn <lhahn_60@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:31:39 -0500

I'd rather know what the OS patch level was going forward and strive
for a current, more secure level that is Sun recommended.  Making the
two servers the same gives you two, backleveled, insecure unknowns.  I
doubt Oracle will choke on a different OS security patch level, I've
never see that happen anyway.  Security patches are released for a
reason.  Exploits become scripted and in the wild.

Keeping to old security patch levels is like teasing a Rottweiler.
Assuming the data is of value, anyway.  Nice doggy!

Ray Stell       stellr@xxxxxx        (540) 231-4109        28^D