Re: Reason for upgrading from 8.1.7 to 9iR2

  • From: "Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:10:23 -0400

What I would suggest you is to migrate to 10i, the process of migratoin is
long,
you have to test, search for 3 party drivers ( for example oci, etc.)
If you migrate to 9i or 10g it is going to be a hard work of test, I would
prefer to take 3 months more and migrate
to 10g, faster (for example dual table don't take gets) and nice new pl sql
options.
I will wait to the next 10g release if you are not in a hurry, but I'll
start the test using 10g current release.

Because in both situations (9i, 10g) you will have to do a hard test and you
can have problems.

Now if you have to migrate fast, then obviously try to 9ir2 out the global
names and copmlex view problem, it works nice. (and decode problem in 9205
somebody is talking about  in the forum, maybe you could thing in 9204:)

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition