Re: Reason for not supporting cascading standby when primary is rac

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

My understanding from talking to the MAA team at OOW 2010 was that there was an
issue identifying the thread from which to receive redo when the standby fell
behind (for whatever reason)

Having said that I have a perfectly working cascaded standby where the primary
is a 8 node RAC ==> dataguarding to a standby on 8 nodes (with one node
applying) ==> cascading to the second standby

During the build I had an issue with read only tablespaces but we sorted this
out by copying from the primary

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/