Re: Really annoying change to 11.2 sqlplus

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: landstander668@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:53:13 +1000

Adric Norris wrote:
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM, <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxx <mailto:paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    You'll love it.  You have command recall with up/down arrows
    and/or F7,
    easy copy/paste (set cmd window to Quick Edit mode), scrollback, etc.
    The continued availability of this is the reason Oracle ditched
    the GUI
    version.

Just remember to avoid hitting Ctrl-C, generally speaking. It has the nasty habit of breaking you completely out of sqlplus.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred

Ah, and avoid accidentally hitting the arrow/page up/down keys too... Unlike the Unix shells, the cmd history browser replaces your current command line and there is no way to get it back. Especially a problem when working on a laptop with their cramped keyboards... :(

Cheers,
Tony