Re: Really Strange Problem

  • From: Kevin Closson <ora_kclosson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx, harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:25:05 -0800 (PST)

>Absolutely no indication of a node eviction.

I'm not sying this is your problme, bu... the messages you are looking for are
sent via syslogd and are buffered writes. Don't expect a catatonic server to be
able to flush buffered writes to a log. There is a reason Oracle implemented
IPMI fencing in 11.2...I guess I wasn't such a renegade for blogging about
fencing approaches all those years...