Really Strange Problem

  • From: John Smith <john40855@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:14:50 -0600

OK, I don't know if this one is related to oracle database, OEL, or
something else entirely.  But here it is:

We have oracle clusterware 11.1 installed and running with asm 11.1.  We
also have oracle 10.2 installed, as well as 10.1.  I have created a 10.1
database.  ASM is on RAW against EMC storage.  This has to be on raw because
the intent is to take 10.1, 32 bit database to 10.2 64 bit.  This requires a
stop at 10.1 64 bit along the way, and 10.1 reqires ASM on raw.

Anyway, the problem is that the servers are rebooting every 2-3 days at 2:15
am, and we have not been able to figure out why.  There is nothing in the
ASM or clusterware or database logs, they show everything running fine then
a restart.  Nothing in /var/log/messages.  Just shows a restart.  Any ideas?