Re: Real time data trasfer between 2 DB

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:40:32 -0500

Is the 5 second latency the time between broadcast of the data and the time
it must be available in the second database?  If you have a little more time
in there, then I like the idea of queueing it into a flat file and loading
it into both DB's from there.  If it must go from the gps to db1 to db2, I
would use triggers rather than streams or dataguard.

Frankly, I think you will have more problems getting the data to the first
database quickly then you will have replicating it over to the second.

--
Andrew W. Kerber