Re: Real time data trasfer between 2 DB

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx, andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

One more option on this thought-  If you are going to dump it to a flatfile and
then load, how about CDC, (change data capture) to load it to db1 and db2?  A
simple CDC could load the data into the destination system on regular
intervals.

Always 100 different way to skin this kind of database cat... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."